Make the most of your visit to the UA Library:
- Your research topic should first of all be interesting to you – you'll be spending a lot of time and work on your History Day project so be sure to choose a topic that you are eager to learn more about.
- Use the resources at your school and local public library – these are great places to begin your research.
- Talk to your school librarian. School librarians can recommend books, help you develop a research plan and come up with a list of possible search terms you can use to find sources.
- Do some preliminary reading on the topic so you have a good grasp of the historical context and major issues related to your topic.
- Think about:
- Key people and organizations related to your topic
- Your topic's date range or dates of specific events
- The geographic locale of your topic