Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Jump to navigation
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Article Galaxy Scholar?
- Article Galaxy Scholar is a service that provides patrons with the ability to order journal articles the University of Arizona Libraries does not have access to through Reprints Desk. Patrons receive these articles rapidly and the service is available 24/7.
How do I access Article Galaxy Scholar?
- When you run across an article, from a journal we don’t subscribe to, in the library catalog a link will be generated that will say “Get article now from Article Galaxy Scholar”. If a patron clicks the “Find Article” link in PubMed, or the “Full-Text@UofA Libraries” link from Google Scholar, they will be brought to a page in the library catalog that will offer them the Article Galaxy Scholar option. It should be noted that patrons must be signed into the library catalog to see the Article Galaxy Scholar link.
Can it be used for all journal articles?
- Currently in the Article Galaxy Scholar pilot, only 25 journals will be qualified for Article Galaxy Scholar orders. If a patron clicks the “Get article now from Article Galaxy Scholar” link for an unapproved journal they will be given the option to request then article from InterLibrary Loan.
How long does it take to receive my order?
- Orders should be fulfilled within 24 hours or less.
How long do I have to download my journal article once I receive it?
- Once you are emailed your article link, you will have 30 days to download the content. It should be noted that you may only download the article once, so please make sure to save the article to your personal device to ensure future use.
Is there a limit on how many articles I can order?
- Patrons can utilize Article Galaxy Scholar up to 10 times.
What happens when I hit my article limit?
- Patrons will be redirected to InterLibrary Loan after their limit is reached.
Who should I contact if I run into a problem, or have questions, about Article Galaxy Scholar?