The law library staff receives all mail for Arizona Law, the law clinics, and the law library via access to the loading dock located at the east side of the Library. This includes delivery of mail from UArizona Campus Mail and delivery services including Amazon, FedEx, and UPS. UArizona Campus Mail has indicated they will not quarantine any mail prior to delivery to Arizona Law.
To reduce the potential for viral transmission and to avoid compromising the access restrictions and mitigation measures established by this Plan, deliveries and mail handling shall be governed by the following rules:
- Staff-only doors, located off the loading dock, will be designated for mail deliveries and mail pick-up only. No staff entry will be allowed. Signage will be used for enforcement, and CatCard access for faculty, staff, and students will be disabled for these doors.
- Delivery drivers will not be permitted to enter the building, with the exception of large deliveries. In this case, masks will be provided to drivers and they will be accompanied by staff, practicing social distancing norms, to the designated quarantine room, assuming that drivers are permitted by their employers to enter the building.
- Staff will follow out a no-contact rule with delivery drivers, practicing ID-only acceptance for packages, maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet, picking up deliveries left on the loading dock by delivery driver, and complying with any additional safety guidelines required of drivers by their employers.
- Because library staff may not be present for courier pick-ups from the loading dock, individuals or units will schedule pick-ups.
- All incoming mail and deliveries will be quarantined in the quarantine room for 24-72 hours before being relocated to another room for sorting. These rooms are secure and can be accessed only by a limited number of staff.
- Members of the law library will sort the mail for individual library staff and place mail for the rest of the Arizona Law community in a bin for pick-up and delivery to the second floor mailroom where it will be sorted and placed into the mailboxes of all members of the College of Law.
- In order to reduce the quantity of incoming mail, and per UArizona and Arizona Law Guidelines, the rule forbidding personal mail and other deliveries will be strictly enforced.
- Gloves, masks, disinfectant spray, and other sanitation supplies will be provided to all staff handling mail.
- Masks and gloves will be worn at all times by any staff handling incoming mail and during the sorting and processing of quarantined mail.
- Hand washing shall be required immediately after the completion of any mail handling tasks.
- All carts, mail bins, desks, processing tools, and door handles will be sanitized before and after use by staff conducting mail handling tasks.
- Social distancing norms will be adhered to by staff undertaking mail handling tasks.
- Custodial staff will be advised to not clean the quarantine room.