What is and why should I care?
RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool. It is designed to help you easily gather, manage, store and share information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
How to Create a RefWorks Account
1.Go to www.ahsl.arizona.edu
2. Under the ‘Top Resources’ drop down menu, select RefWorks
3. Then click on the RefWorks & EndNote Web link.
4. Click on ‘Sign Up for a New Account.’
5. Fill in all of the fields and then click the ‘Register’ button
6. TIP: Do Not bookmark the RefWorks page.
You must enter through the AHSL website.
7. 7. RefWorks Group Code is RW4UArizonas
Perform a search in PubMed through the AHSL website
1. Check the box in front of your citation(s).
2. Click on ‘Display settings’ drop down menu.
3. Select the ‘Medline’ button and click on the ‘Apply’ button.
4. Select ‘ALL’ by pressing the ‘CTRL key’ and the letter ‘A’ key.
5. Press the ‘CTRL key’ and the letter ‘C’ key to Copy
6. Log-in to your RefWorks account through the ahsl website (www.ahsl.arizona.edu)
7. On the home page of your RefWorks account, on the gray toolbar select the
‘References’ drop down menu and choose ‘Import.’
1. 8. Click on ‘From Text’ which will open up a window
9. The ‘Import Filter/Data Source’ drop down menu is NLM PubMed
10. RefWorks will automatically change the ‘Database’ to PubMed
11. Then press the ‘CTRL key‘ and the letter ‘V’ key to Paste in your citations
12. Click on the Import Button