Cited works are numbered in order of initial appearance in the text; they appear in the Reference List in numerical order.
Use arabic superscript numerals outside periods and commas, and inside colons and semi-colons.
Authors' names are inverted, and use only initials for first and middle names. No periods between initials.
In article titles only the first word and proper nouns and abbreviations that are ordinarily capitalized are capitalized.
Use accepted Index Medicus abbreviations of journals names (see the List of Journals Indexed in Index Medicus).
For journals use issue numbers in parentheses after the volume number. If there is no issue number specify month before the year.
1. Jones AB. Modes of treatment: A traditional approach. Phys Ther. 1999;80:20-26.
2. Smith CD. Transmission modes and treatment approaches. 3rd ed. Miami (FL): FLorida University Presses; 1999.
3. Garcia EF, Zabihi GH. Transmission modes. New York (NY): NYU Press; 1999:308-338.
4. Mohamed IJ. Principles of treatment. In: Needles DD, Thread OE, editors. What it's all about? Putnam (NY): Happy Days Press; 1998:29-39.
5. Haskins AR, Himburg SP, George V, et al. Daring to be different: A less traditional style. Clin mgmt in educ. 2000;26(1):9-19.
6. Abood S. Quality improvement initiative in nursing homes: the ANA acts in an advisory role. Am J Nurs [serial on the Internet]. 2002 Jun [cited 2002 Aug 12];102(6):[about 3p.]. Available from: http://journals.lww.com/ajnonline/toc/2002/06000
7. Wyndham Mount Laurel. Meetings and Conferences Page. Available at: http://www.meetings-conventions.com/ Accessed July 10, 2014.